Messier 96, 105, 95
Galaxies Messier 105, Messier 96, Messier 95, NGC 3371, NGC 3373 and countless PGC galaxies.
Information at Wikipedia.
- 38 15 Minute lights (9h30m) captured 12/22/08 and 1/24/09 with Nebulosity 2
- Hot/cold pixels and bad columns fixed with my own software (fixfits)
- stacked with 100 flats and 100 bias and 100 dark flat rames in DeepSkyStacker.
- Processed in PixInsight Core with DBE, histogram transformations, ACDNR, ICCProfileTransformation.
- Published with PaintShopPro X2
- The monitor used during processing was calibrated using Spyder3Elite. The image was processed and published using the sRGB color profile for the widest possible compatibility. FireFox 3 has color management capabilities. Use Google to find out how to enable these.
Image of the setup
- William Optic Megrez 110ED with TRF-2008 flattener
- QHY8 with IDAS-LPS filter
- EQ6/Atlas EQ/G controlled by EQMOD
- Guided with a DSI-Pro
- Focused with a Bahtinov mask (drawn by myself in InkScape)
- Kept dew free with Dew-Buster
Click the 'Full size' icon on top of the image for the original image. Popup blockers must be disabled for this site.
The next image is labeled with galaxies.