Messier 106 (M106)
Galaxies Messier 106, NGC 4217, NGC 4346, NGC 4220, NGC 4248 and others.
Information at Wikipedia.
- 26 15 Minute lights captured 2/17/09 and 2/24/09 with Nebulosity 2
- stacked with 100 flats and 100 bias frames in DeepSkyStacker.
- Processed in PixInsight Core with DBE, histogram transformations, ACDNR, HDRWaveletTransformation.
- Published with PaintShopPro X2
- The monitor used during processing was calibrated using Spyder3Elite. The image was processed and published using the sRGB color profile for the widest possible compatibility. FireFox 3 has color management capabilities. Use Google to find out how to enable these.
Image of the setup
- William Optic Megrez 110ED with TRF-2008 flattener
- QHY8 with IDAS-LPS filter
- EQ6/Atlas EQ/G controlled by EQMOD
- Guided with a DSI-Pro
- Focused with a Bahtinov mask (drawn by myself in InkScape)
- Kept dew free with Dew-Buster
Click the 'Full size' icon on top of the image for the original image. Popup blockers must be disabled for this site.
There may be other versions of this image next to this one.